Sports and Recreation in Spotsylvania County
The most organized youth sports opportunities are organized through Spotsylvania County Parks & Recreation including baseball, softball, basketball, cheerleading, flag football, football, spring and fall soccer. Other athletic organizations include: Paragon Gymnastics and Training Center (Fredericksburg), Spotsylvania County Little League, Spotsylvania County Lacrosse Club and Ron Rosner Family YMCA of Spotsylvania. Adult sports leagues at the Spotsylvania Branch of the Rappahannock Area YMCA are basketball, pickleball, racquetball, tennis, volleyball, wallyball. Youth sports include basketball, cheerleading, gymnastics, and tennis.
Other sports and recreation in Spotsylvania County are listed below:
- Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office Summer Sports Camps provide youth instruction for basketball, Cal Ripken baseball camp, football, soccer, volleyball, and wrestling.
- Fredericksburg Field House offers adult sports include soccer, flag football, volleyball, field hockey, lacrosse, baseball. Youth sports are soccer, flag football, field hockey, lacrosse, and baseball.
- Fredericksburg Football Club has a U8 recreation program, U10 through high school age recreation program, and travel soccer age 10 and up.
- Fredericksburg Soccer Club offers camps, clinics, and travel soccer.
- Fredericksburg Area Running Club provides area race information including the Great Train Race presented by VA Runner, and the Rappahannock Ospreys Youth Running Club.
- Fredericksburg Rod and Gun Club is a membership only shooting facility with club house, skeet fields, rifle and pistol ranges. An alternative organization is the Northern Virginia Gun Club (King George County) which requires sponsorship from a current member to join.
- Fredericksburg Practical Shooting offers match shooting in accordance with the United States Practical Shooting Association.
- Indoor Recreational Shooting Facility has fourteen 25-yard lanes. It is in Potomac Creek Industrial Park (Stafford County). Concealed carry classes offered to the general public.
- Pistol Packing Ladies Shooting Club offers comprehensive firearms safety training to women of all skill levels.
- Spotsylvania Greenway Initiative provides links to area hiking, biking, and equestrian trails with maps and detailed information. Trails include: Belmont-Ferry Farm Trail, Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park (C & O Canal), Cowan Boulevard Trail, Central Virginia Railway Trail, Dahlgren Heritage Trail, Government Island Trail (Stafford County), Lake Anna Ford Trail, Mary Washington Hospital Trail, National Park Trails (Chancellorsville Battlefield, Fredericksburg Battlefield, Spotsylvania Courthouse Battlefield, Wilderness Battlefield), Ni River Trail, Rappahannock River Heritage Trail, Virginia Bike Trails.
- Lake Anna Guide Service for fishing the best spots on Lake Anna.
- Lake Anna Outfitters for kayak, paddle board, canoe rentals and sales. Join them for paddle board yoga.
- First Mates at Marina Point has pontoon boat rentals at Lake Anna.
- Lake Anna marinas include Anna Point Marina, Duke’s Creek Marina, Highpoint Marina and Lighthouse Inn, Hunter’s Landing Store and Marina, Sturgeon Creek Marina.
- Spotsylvania Youth Sports is sanctioned by AAU basketball for boys and girls ages 9-18.
- Fredericksburg Social Sports for adult coed social league play for cornhole, kickball, flag football, and dodgeball in the Fredericksburg area.
- Fredericksburg Cyclists Club is an organization of about 300 members sharing riding riding and social events 3 times a week for bicycle enthusiasts.
- Rappahannock Rugby Club invites Fredericksburg area players for men’s and women’s teams for both youth and adult level play against other rugby clubs throughout the state.
- Liberty Center at Massaponax has bowling tournaments, leagues, arcade, sports bar, lounge, weekend entertainment, and a comedy club.
- Fredericksburg Roller Hockey is an adult roller hockey league for men and women of all skill levels.
- Rappahannock Swim League is a youth swim league comprised of neighborhood swim teams and YMCA teams in Spotsylvania County and Stafford County.
- Fredericksburg Juniors Volleyball Club has year-round programs including an adult league (Sunday nights), Friday open gym, Fall recreation league (boys and girls ages 9-17), middle school and high school practice teams, speed and strength training, U14 boys programs.
- Spotsylvania Youth Football Association for ages 5-14 participating in football and cheerleading.
- Fredericksburg Area Dart Association is designed for players of all skill levels in a Tuesday night league in the Fredericksburg area.
- Saint Michael the Archangel High School athletics program features baseball, boys and girls basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, girls soccer, swimming, volleyball.
- High Voltage Field Hockey Club has U-19, U-16, U-14, U-12 seasonal, indoor and outdoor teams. The U-19 and U-16 teams attend showcase events at regional and college tournaments, and U-14 and U-12 teams are designed for instructional play.
Virginia Soccer Training Center at the Spotsylvania Sportsplex has 7 versus 7 and 11 versus 11 spring, summer, and fall adult leagues for players of all skill levels.
- Golden Skateworld has open skate sessions, skating lessons, and adult co-ed hockey league.
Contact us if buying or selling a home in Spotsylvania County is in your future.