Fredericksburg Area Breweries Distilleries and Wineries
The Rappahannock Region has several wineries on the Heart of Virginia Wine Trail and Grapes and Grains Trail. Most of the wineries listed here are between the surrounding areas of Fredericksburg and Richmond. The breweries and distilleries are in the city of Fredericksburg, and the counties of Spotsylvania and Stafford. Virginia Wine promotes 249 wineries in the state. It’s a good resource for information related to wine events throughout the year, available wines from each vineyard, tasting fees and features of each winery, wine trails in each region, and the 693 restaurants and vendors of Virginia wines throughout the Old Dominion. There are 86 wineries and 12 wine trails in the Northern Virginia region. The Central Virginia region has 72 wineries and 12 wine trails. Virginia Wine offers a FREE wine guide.
Heart of Virginia Wine Trail provides winery tours, passport tickets, and festivals and events for the participating wineries (listed below).
- James River Cellars Winery (c. 1998) 11008 Washington Highway Glen Allen, Virginia 23059 (804) 550-7516
- Grayhaven Winery (c. 1978) 4675 East Gray Fox Circle Gum Springs, Virginia 23065 (804) 556-3917
- Cooper Vineyards Winery (c. 1999) 13372 Shannon Hill Road Louisa, Virginia 23093 (540) 894-5474
- Weston Farm Vineyard and Winery (c. 2009) 206 Harris Creek Road Louisa, Virginia 23093 (540) 967-4647
- Lake Anna Winery (c. 1983) 5621 Courthouse Road (Route 208) Spotsylvania, Virginia 22551 (540) 895-5085
- Mattaponi Winery and Christmas Tree Farm 7530 Morris Road Spotsylvania, Virginia 22551 (540) 582-2897
Grapes and Grains Trail has information on trail stops, special events, and tickets for participating breweries, distillery, and wineries (listed below).
Adventure Brewing Company (c. 2014) 33 Perchwood Drive Suite 101 Stafford, Virginia 22405 (540) 242-8876
Adventure Brewing Company at Potomac Creek Industrial Park has a tasting room open weekday evenings and all day on Saturday and Sunday. The tasting room has special events and musical guests, and food is supplied by a food truck in the parking lot. This place is packed on weekends. Listed below are the year round, seasonal, and special batches produced by this Stafford County brewery.
- Stiletto Stout (7.0%)
- Backpack Wheat (5.6%)
- Super Power Pale Ale (6.3%)
- Expedition IPA (5.9%)
- Search Party Pale Ale (6.5%)
- Lemon Drop IPA (6.5%)
- Bookworm Brown (4.9%)
- Belgian Dubbel (9.2%)
- Mary Washington’s Gingerbread (5.7%)
- Second Ascent Double IPA (9.2%)
- Wicked Nymph (10.2%)
A. Smith Bowman Distillery (c. 1934) One Bowman Drive Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408 (540) 373-4555
Special events and distillery tours Monday – Saturday. Listed below is the product line of Bowman Distillery.
- Bowman Brothers Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey (small batch)
- John J. Bowman Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey (single barrel)
- Abraham Bowman Virginia Limited Edition Whiskey (small batch)
- George Bowman Colonial Dark Era Caribbean Rum (small batch)
- Deep Run Virginia Vodka (small batch)
- Sunset Hills Virginia Gin (small batch)
Blue and Gray Brewing Company 3300 Dill Smith Drive Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408 (540) 538-2379
The Brew Pub at Blue and Gray Brewing Company is open Tuesday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. The menu has pizza, soups and salads, appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, fish, bangers and mash, Shepherd’s pie, kids menu, dessert. The brewery offers tastings and tours, beer to-go in growlers, kegs, bottles, beer bombs, and party kegs. Rentals available for kegerators and 6 faucet beer trailer. Listed below is the product line of Blue and Gray Brewing Company.
- Classic Lager (4.8%)
- Fred Red (6.8%)
- Falmouth IPA (5.0%)
- Stonewall Stout (5.0%)
- Borman’s Belgian Ale (9.0%)
- Franklin’s Crossing IPA (8.5%)
- Temporary Insanity (13.0%)
- Minor Dementia (13.0%)
- Oktoberfest Lager (4.9%)
- Garry Owen Brown Ale (8.6%)
- Spiced Winter Ale (6.5%)
- Christmas Cranberry Ale (6.5%)
- Chocolate Raspberry Stout (5.0%)
- Washington’s Cherry Wheat (5.6%)
- Virginia Hefeweizen (5.6%)
Hartwood Winery (c. 1989) 345 Hartwood Road Fredericksburg, Virginia 22406 (540) 752-4893
Lake Anna Winery (c. 1990) 5621 Courthouse Road Spotsylvania, Virginia 22551 (540) 895-5085
Mattaponi Winery (c. 1997) 7530 Morris Road Spotsylvania, Virginia 22551 (540) 582-2897
Potomac Point Winery (c. 2007) 275 Decatur Road Stafford, Virginia 22554 (540) 446-2266
Spencer Devon Brewing (c. 2015) 106 George Street Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401 (540) 479-8381
Contact us if we can provide information and representation on buying or selling a home in Caroline County, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County, and Stafford County.