The truth about shopping in Caroline County is there aren’t many options. The population densities in Bowling Green, Ladysmith, and Ruther Glen will not attract national retail chain stores to open businesses. Caroline County shopping centers only provide basic needs compared to the shopping centers, malls, and town centers of neighboring jurisdictions. Our clients in Caroline County usually shop after work hours in the Fredericksburg and Richmond areas before commuting home in the evening. So with this in mind we’ve decided to list your best options surrounding Caroline County.
There are two shopping centers in Caroline County, and a retail district in the Town of Bowling Green. The subdivisions in Ruther Glen have nearby convenience, hardware, and grocery stores. But specialty retail shopping options are usually sought by Caroline County residents in Hanover County and Henrico County which are neighboring jurisdictions of Richmond, Virginia.
Caroline County residents also utilize shopping outlets in Spotsylvania County, and the city of Fredericksburg.
Listed below are shopping options for specialty purchases.
- Central Park of Fredericksburg is 21 miles from Ladysmith.
- Downtown Fredericksburg is 24 miles from Ladysmith.
- Gateway Village Shopping Center 2370 Plank Road Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401. Gold’s Gym, Home Depot, Hot Yoga Spa Nutrition & Wellness Jenny Craig, and the Smile Center are anchor stores.
- Greenbrier Shopping Center 2060 Plank Road Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401. Burlington Coat Factory and Big Lots are anchor stores.
- The businesses next to Randolph-Macon College offer the closest shopping options for residents living in Ruther Glen. It is 15 miles between Ruther Glen and Ashland. This is Interstate 95 exit 92 (Ashland) on Route 54. Surrounding businesses include Walmart Super Center, Hampton Inn, Sleep Inn, Ruby Tuesday’s, Ponderosa, Cracker Barrel, Applebee’s, and several other hotels and restaurants.
- Ashland Hanover Shopping Center 250 N Washington Highway (U. S. Route 1 and Route 54) Ashland, VA 23005. Martin’s, Peebles, ACE Hardware, and Big Lots are anchor stores.
- >Kings Charter Shopping Center 9541 Kings Charter Drive Ashland, Virginia 23005.
The number of retail stores and restaurants off of West Broad Street (Route 250) between Interstate 64 exit 183 (Dumbarton), and Interstate 64 exit 175 (Short Pump) should satisfy all of your shopping and dining needs. Traveling from Dumbarton to Short Pump the shopping centers are as follows:
- Olde Town Shopping Center
- Merchants Walk Shopping Center 7580 West Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23294.
- Fountain Square 8026 West Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23294./li>
- West Broad Commons Shopping Center 9031 West Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23294.
- Tuckernuck Square Shopping Center 9004 West Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23294.
- West Park Shopping Center 9685 West Broad Street Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (804) 527-4210.
- Lexington Commons Shopping Center 10156 West Broad Street Glen Allen, Virginia 23060.
- Innsbrook Shoppes 4040 Cox Road Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (804) 320-5500
- Colonnades West Shopping Center 10971 West Broad Street Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (804) 965-1557.
- Brookhollow Shopping Center 11194 West broad Street Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (804) 864-9788.
- West Broad Village (Whole Foods Market)3950 Wild Goose Lane Glen Allen, Virginia 23060 (804) 887-2988
- Trader Joe’s
- Short Pump Corner Shopping Center 11561 West Broad Street Henrico, Virginia 23233 (804) 303-2478.
- Downtown Short Pump
- Short Pump Town Center is 33 miles from Ruther Glen.
Other good shopping venues in Henrico County are Virginia Center Commons Mall and the Creeks at Virginia Centre on U. S. Route 1, Regency Square Mall.
- Cosner’s Corner at U. S. Routes 1 & 17. Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s, Marshall’s, Ross, Super Target, World Market are anchor stores. It is 16 miles from Ladysmith.
- Four Mile Fork Shopping Center 5099 Jefferson Davis Highway Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408. Sport & Health Fitness is the feature business.
- Massaponax Outlet Center 4712 Southpoint Parkway Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407 (540) 891-8676.
- Southpoint Shoppes 10211 Southpoint Parkway Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407. Lowe’s and Walmart are anchor stores.
- Spotsylvania Crossing
- Spotsylvania Towne Centre More than 150 specialty stores and 1.7 million square feet of retail space. Several really good restaurants and shopping options are here. The anchor stores are Belk, Macy’s, J. C. Penney, Sears, Costco, and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Shopping centers in bold are featured shopping attractions.
Have questions about Caroline County real estate statistics, available homes (including new subdivisions), home values, and selling homes? Call The Moyers Team today and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Reach us at 540-379-7359.