The information here will provide readers with the Fredericksburg Virginia wineries and brewing companies.
There are several wineries and breweries in Stafford County, the city of Fredericksburg, and Spotsylvania County. These businesses and the A. Smith Bowman Distillery make up the Grapes and Grains Trail. Tickets for the Grapes and Grains Trail are$15 and they do not expire. The ticket provides tours of each business and gift shop discounts at all 6 trail stops. Tickets can be purchased at any trail stop and the visitor centers of Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania County.
The wines of Hartwood Winery:
- Seyval Blanc: Light and crisp with citrus flavors.
- Chardonnay: Matches with linguine and cream sauces, grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Hartwood Station White: A match with chicken or seafood. This is a good stand alone wine.
- Rappahannock Rose: A dry wine with hints of cherry, vanilla, and citrus. A match with cheese and fruit.
- Rappahannock White: Hints of melon and grapefruit. A medium dry wine designed to match all foods and a stand alone wine.
- Deweese White: A semi-sweet wine with strong melon and tropical fruit flavors. A match with curries and strong spices.
- Blushing Heart: A dessert wine with flavors of apricot, butterscotch, and cherries.
- Rappahannock Red: A match with barbecue, chocolate, grilled foods, pastas with tomato based sauces.
- Claret: This is a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon with flavors of warm raisin and strawberry rhubarb. The winery is very proud of the youngest wine in production.
- Merlot: Rich cherry flavors.
- Cabernet Franc: Aged 1 year in American oak barrels giving it a subtle black cherry finish.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: This is a 2012 dry growing season wine delivering bold flavors of drying fruit, subtle tannins, and tobacco.
- Tannat: Hints of bitter chocolate and raspberry. Aged in oak barrels for 21 months.
- Petit Verdot: Hints of raspberries and red currant. A limited production with purchase restrictions of one bottle.
The wineries participating in the Grapes and Grains tour in Stafford County are Potomac Point Vineyard & Winery, and Hartwood Winery. Other participants of the Grapes and Grains Tour are the Adventure Brewing Company (Stafford), Spencer Devon Brewing (Fredericksburg), A. Smith Bowman Distillery Fredericksburg), Blue and Gray Brewing Company (Fredericksburg), Lake Anna Winery (Spotsylvania), Mattaponi Winery (Spotsylvania).
The wines of Potomac Point Vineyard and Winery:
- La Belle Vie: A crisp lightly sweet white wine with hints of citrus and melon.
- Chardonnay: An aroma of green apple. This Chardonnay is advertised as the most versatile wine at Potomac Point Winery.
- La Belle Vie Rose: Hints of raspberry, candied red fruit and watermelon.
- Reserve Chardonnay: Ripe pear and peach flavors with buttery tones.
- Reserve Viognier: Flavors of exotic fruit.
- Vin de Paille: Very dry.
- Abbinato: Fruit and vanilla flavors. Matches with tomato based pasta dishes and barbecue chicken.
- Cabernet Franc: Flavors of cherry and pomegranate with a touch of holiday spice.
- Richland Reserve Heritage: The Signature Reserve Bordeaux of Potomac Point Winery.
- Rabelos Port: Aromas and flavors of bourbon character. This is a robust after dinner drink.
- Norton: A medium dry wine with a dried fruit aroma.
- Coyote Cave Red: A smooth red blend with subtle fruit flavors.
- Merlot: Flavors of currants, dark berries and plum.
- Dolce Rubus: A medium-bodied Merlot with a raspberry aroma and flavor balance of fruit and berries.
- Moscato Dolce: An Italian import from San Marco Winery. A Moscato with peach and floral flavors.
- Vino Camino: A fruity background of mature blackberries, black currant, and plum.
Contact us if for advice and representation if buying or selling a house in Stafford County is in your future.