About Prince William County
Prince William County homes can be found in gated communities, golf course communities, mixed use developments, rural living areas, and marina communities. Prince William County is best described as the areas of Woodbridge and Manassas. Woodbridge has Interstate 95 and Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1) running north-south, and Manassas has Interstate 66 and Lee Highway (Route 29) running east-west). It is bordered by Fairfax County to the north, the Potomac River to the east, and Stafford County and Quantico Marine Corps Base to the south. Prince William County Parkway (I-95 Exit #158), and Dumfries-Sudley Road (I-95 Exit #152) are the main transportation routes linking Woodbridge to Manassas. Eastern Prince William County is divided into Woodbridge (22191), Lake Ridge (22192), Dale City (22193), Dumfries (22026), Montclair (22025), Occoquan (22125), and Triangle (22172). Western Prince William County consists of Manassas (20109, 12), Bristow (20136), Gainesville (20155), Haymarket (20169), City of Manassas (20110), City of Manassas Park (20111), and Nokesville (20181).
There are four incorporated towns in Prince William County. They are Dumfries, Haymarket, Occoquan, and Quantico. There are 35 unincorporated areas in Prince William County. These areas include: Aden, Brentsville, Bristow, Buckhall, Bullrun, Canova, Catharpin, Cherry Hill, Dale City, Featherstone, Gainesville, Hoadly, Independent Hill, Lake Ridge, Linton Hall, Loch Lomond, Montclair, Nokesville, Sudley, Triangle, Westgate, Wellington, Woodbridge, and Yorkshire.
Military Bases in Prince William County
Quantico Marine Corps Base and Quantico National Cemetery (Triangle).
Prince William County Facts and Figures
- Population: 430,287, housing units 143,240 (February 2014)
- AAA Credit Rating (72 of 17,669 local governments in the nation)
- Median Household Income: $93,011. This ranks 12th in the nation
- Number 1 in Virginia and number 3 in the nation for job growth (CNN Money)
- 57% business growth during the last 10 years
- Unemployment: 4.9%
- 10% of the Greater Washington, D. C. Metropolitan Region federal civilian workforce lives in Prince William County
- 62% of working adults are employed in another jurisdiction
- Most high paying jobs are related to federal employees, contractors, and the research & development industry
- 45% of adults have college degrees (22% bachelor degrees, 16% Graduate & Professional Degrees, 7% Associate Degrees)
- 77.3% of households are occupied by families (66.2 national average)
- Growth projections: 535,629 by 2030
- 43% population increase and 40% housing increase between 2000 & 2010. 30% of residents have moved into their current home since 2005
- 71% owner occupied homes
- Classroom size: Kindergarten: 23.8, Elementary: 23.2, Middle: 30.8, High: 30.3 (15.66-1 pupil-teacher ratio)
- Real Estate Tax Rate = $1.2562 per $100 of property assessment. Example: ($300,000/100) x $1.2562 = $3,768.60
- Prince William County Sales Tax = 1%
- Prince William County Public Schools have 10,381 employees, 93 schools, and 85,055 students
- 89.6% graduation rate, 1498 SAT average, $1,348,461,310 FY2014 budget
- Prince William County Public Schools Baccalaureate Program ranks 18th nationally and 33rd in the world
- Average real estate tax for existing homes is $3,435, new homes $4,933, average assessed value $412,439
- Average new single-family home sales prices range from $435,874 to $682,298. Townhouse average sales price from $332,464 to $370,022
- Dwellings in Prince William County: Single-family homes: 54.6%, townhouses: 27.6%, multi-family: 17.1%, mobile homes: 0.7%
- 42% of homes are occupied by parents with children (29% national average). 35.3% are families with no children
- Commuting: Under 30 minutes: 35%, 30-60 minutes: 40%, 1 hour or more: 25%. Drive alone: 74%, carpool: 15%, public transportation: 6%
Prince William County Photographs
Have questions about Prince William County real estate statistics, available homes (including new subdivisions), home values, and selling homes? Call The Moyers Team today and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Reach us at 540-379-7359.