Wineries in Prince William County
The wineries listed immediately below are the closest options for residents of Prince William County. The Piedmont Region of Virginia offers many fine wineries in Fauquier County and the Piedmont Region extending to Charlottesville. We enjoy local wine tastings and encourage all wine drinkers to support our neighboring vineyards. Click on Virginia Wine for statewide information on wine events, wineries and vineyards, and where to find the wine of your choice.
- Effingham Manor Winery 14337 Trotters Ridge Place Nokesville, Virginia 20181 (703) 298-0468
- Paradise Springs Winery 13219 Yates Ford Road Clifton, Virginia 20124 (703) 830-9463
- Vint Hill Craft Winery (Vint Hill Farm) 7150 Lineweaver Road Warrenton, Virginia 20187 (540) 351-0000
- In December 1942, Vint Hill was no longer a Civil War era farm and mansion grounds. It had been purchased by the United States Government months earlier and given the official title ‘Monitoring Station Number One’ housing 662 enlisted men working as radio intercept operators, encryption analysts, and radio repair technicians assigned to the Second Signal Service Battalion. Important enemy transmissions were delivered directly from the only listening post serving the United States to military war planners in Washington, D. C. during World War II. Vint Hill also became the headquarters for training military intelligence officers. After World War II, the listening post became Vint Hill Field Station One intercepting electronic signals during the Cold War as this once 729 acre farm and pasture for cattle and sheep became home to the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command. In 1975 the mission at Vint Hill changed and the post was renamed ‘United States Army Garrison Vent Hill Farms Station’. The base officially closed in 1997 during the realignment of military bases. Spending an afternoon at the birthplace of the National Security Agency is a great compliment to enjoying a wine tasting or special event. Next to Vint Hill Craft Winery is the Cold War Museum with many exhibits featuring espionage and diplomatic maneuvers between the United States-Soviet Union-China. Wine and Cold War signals intelligence makes for a great day.
- Winery at Bull Run 15950 Lee Highway (Route 29) Centreville, Virginia 20120 (703) 815-2233
- The Winery at Bull Run has earned several awards for their wines. Among them are medals awarded in the International Wine Competition, U. S. National Wine competition, Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association Wine Competition, Eastern International Wine Competition, New York International Wine Competition, Virginia Governor’s Cup Wine Competition, Grand Harvest Awards, State Fair of Virginia, and Dallas Morning News & TEXSOM Wine Competition.
- Winery at LaGrange 4970 Antioch Road Haymarket, Virginia 20169 (703) 753-9360
We have either visited the below wineries and recommend them or they have received regional, state, or national recognition in wine competitions.
Recommended Wineries and Vineyards
- Aspen Dale Winery at the Barn 11083 John Marshall Highway Delaplane, Virginia 20144 (540) 364-1722
- Barrel Oak Winery 3623 Grove Lane Delaplane, Virginia 20144 (540) 364-6402
- Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery 9402 Justice Lane Delaplane, Virginia 20144 (540) 364-2347
- Boxwood Estate Winery 2042 Burrland Lane Middleburg, Virginia 20117 (540) 687-8778
- Cana Vineyards and Winery 38600 John Mosby Highway Middleburg, Virginia 20117 (703) 348-2458
- Chrysalis Vineyards at Ag District Center 39025 John Mosby Highway Middleburg, Virginia 20117 (540) 687-8222
- Cobbler Mountain Cellars 5909 Long Fall Lane Delaplane, Virginia 20144 (540) 364-2802
- Desert Rose Ranch and Winery 13726 Hume Road Hume, Virginia 22639 (540) 635-3200
- 50 West Vineyards 39060 John Mosby Highway Middleburg, Virginia 20117 (571)367-4760
- Fox Meadow Winery 3310 Freezeland Road Linden, Virginia 22642 (540) 636-6777
- Granite Heights Winery 8141 Opal Road Warrenton, Virginia 20186 (540) 349-5185
- Greenhill Winery and Vineyards 23595 Winery Lake Middleburg, Virginia 20117 (540) 687-6968
- Grey Horse Vineyards 12285 Elk Run Church Road Midland, Virginia 22728 (540) 788-4620
- Linden Vineyards 3708 Harrels Corner Road Linden, Virginia 22642 (540) 364-1997
- Mediterranean Cellars 8295 Falcon Glen Road Warrenton, Virginia 20186 (540) 428-1984
- Molon Lave Vineyards and Winery 10075 Lees Mill Road Warrenton, Virginia 20186 (540) 439-5460
- Morais Vineyards and Winery 11409 Marsh Road Bealeton, Virginia 22712 (540) 326-6336
- Naked Mountain Winery and Vineyards 2747 Leeds Manor Road Markham, Virginia 22643 (540) 364-1609
- Pearmund Cellars 6190 Georgetown Road Broad Run, Virginia 20137 (540) 347-3475
- Philip Carter Winery of Virginia 4366 Stillhouse Road Hume, Virginia 22639 (540) 364-1203
- Potomac Point Winery and Vineyard 275 Decatur Road Stafford, Virginia 22554 (540) 446-2266
- Three Fox Vineyards 10100 Three Fox Lane Delaplane, Virginia 20144 (540) 364-6073
We encourage folks to experience one or all of these wineries. Keep us in mind for your real estate needs.