Spotsylvania County Commuting Services
- Fredericksburg Regional Transit
- The FRED offers shuttle service to area Virginia Railway Express stations from the Gordon Road Commuter Lot and Salem Church Crossing Commuter Lot in Spotsylvania County. Click on the Fredericksburg Regional Transit link for bus routes and schedules for Stafford County, Fredericksburg, Mary Washington University, and Spotsylvania County for local bus service.
- Virginia Railway Express
- The Fredericksburg Line of Virginia Railway Express has stops at the Downtown Fredericksburg Station at 200 Lafayette Boulevard Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401; and Spotsylvania Station at 9442 Crossroads Parkway Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408. This commuter rail station is off of U. S. Bypass 17 (Mills Road) and Benchmark Road at Crossroads Station. This is 5 miles south of the downtown area of Fredericksburg. There are 1,482 parking spaces for commuters.
- Martz National Coach Works The Martz Group of Virginia offers bus service from Spotsylvania County and Fredericksburg to Northern Virginia and Washington, D. C. Martz buses collect riders at Salem Church Crossing, 4250 Plank Road Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407; and the Route 208 Park and Ride Commuter Lot, 10800 Hood Drive Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408. Martz ticket prices from these Spotsylvania County commuter lots:
- 1-month ticket: $290.
- 32 one-way tickets that expire after 60 days: $240
- 20 one-way tickets that expire after 60 days: $215.
- 1-day or 1-way: $40
- Fredericksburg Greyhound Station
- Greyhound bus service for the Fredericksburg area is at the Fredericksburg Regional Transit Center at 1400 Jefferson Davis Highway (U. S. Route 1) Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401. Important numbers: 540-373-2103 (Main), 540-373-2103 (Greyhound Package Express), 540-371-0384 (Customer Service).
- GWRideConnect provides connection services for carpools, vanpools, and buses for commuters in Caroline County, Fredericksburg, King George County, Spotsylvania County, and Stafford County to points between Richmond, Northern Virginia, and Washington, D.C.).
Spotsylvania County has become part of the Northern Virginia to Washington, D.C. and Richmond daily commute for residents. This has been possible through four commuter parking lots with slug lines serving Spotsylvania County (Route 208 Courthouse Road, Exit #126; Route 3 Plank Road Exit #130; Route 1 & 17 Massaponax Exit #133B; and Downtown Fredericksburg.
Related Link: Detailed information for slug lines and van pools in Spotsylvania County is available by reading Fredericksburg Commuting and Transportation Options.
Contact us for advice and representation if buying or selling a home in Spotsylvania County is in your future. Good luck finding a commute which will not take years from your life.