Colleges and Universities for Stafford County Residents
Germanna Community College (Fredericksburg, Locust Grove, Culpeper, & Stafford) The Stafford Campus is next to Aquia Park Shopping Center at 2761 Jefferson Davis Highway Suite 107 Stafford, Virginia 22554. Below are the programs offered by Germanna Community College.
- Arts and Science Degrees
- Students usually transfer to 4-year institutions or earn a general education certificate. Associate Degrees are offered in Business Administration, Education, Education K-8, General Studies, General Studies Psychology, Liberal Arts, Science.
- Professional and Technical Studies
- Students earn degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates. Associate Degrees include: Business Management, Early Childhood Development, Engineering Electrical Concentration, Engineering Mechanical Concentration, Fire Science Technology, Information Management, Networking, Network Security, Police Science, Technical Studies, Veterinary Technology. Certificates include: Fire Science Technology, Early Childhood Development, Fine Arts, Graphic Communications, Police Science. Career Studies Certificates include: Accounting, Advanced Networking, Automotive Technician, Banking, Business Core, Early Childhood Development, E-Commerce, Engineering Technology, Horticulture, Industrial Maintenance, Legal Assistant, Microcomputer Applications for Business, Networking, Political Science, Supervision.
- Nursing and Health Technologies
- Programs include: Allied Health (1 year), Dental Assisting (1-2 years), Dental Hygiene (2 years), LPN to RN for Advanced Standing (2 years), Nurse Aide (8 weeks), Nursing RN (2 years), Pharmacy Technician (1 semester), Practical Nursing (1 year), Surgical Scrub Nurse-Post LPN (1 semester).
Mary Washington University (Fredericksburg) The campus of Mary Washington University is in the College Heights section of the city of Fredericksburg at 1301 College Avenue. Mary Washington University courses are structured through the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. The liberal arts and sciences curriculum offers more than 60 majors, minors, and study disciplines.
University of Mary Washington College of Graduate and Professional Studies (Stafford)
University of Mary Washington-Dahlgren Campus (King George)
Strayer University (Fredericksburg) Strayer University offers a combination of classroom and online programs. The programs offered at the Fredericksburg campus include: Accounting and Finance, Acquisition and Contract Management, Business, Criminal Justice, Health Services Administration, Human Resource Management, Information Systems Technology, Management, Marketing, Public Administration. The Strayer University Fredericksburg Campus offers the following degrees:
- Master’s Degrees
- Accounting, Business Administration, Education, Health Services Administration, Human Resource Management, Information Assurance (cyber security management), Information Systems, Public Administration.
- Bachelor’s Degrees
- Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Information Systems, Information Technology, Nursing.
- Associate’s Degrees
- Accounting, Acquisition and Contract Management, Business Administration, Information Technology, Marketing.
Old Dominion University There are ODUOnline partner locations at the higher education centers of ODU Dahlgren, Germanna Community College (Fredericksburg), and Marine Corps Base Quantico with compatible computers and connections for attending online classes, watching archived classes, and accessing online course materials. There are more than 100 ODUOnline programs. The programs are listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree Completion Programs
- Master’s Programs
- Doctorate and Education Specialist
- Licensure/Endorsement Programs
- Elementary Education Prekindergarten-6 Post Baccalaureate Endorsement, School Librarianship, K-12; Secondary Education 6-12 Post Baccalaureate Endorsement, Special Education Post Baccalaureate Endorsement.
- Certificate Programs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, Coastal Engineering (CECP), Cyber Security, Global Health, Maritime Ports and Logistics Management, Online Teaching for K-12 Teachers, Professional Writing, Project Management, Public Procurement and Contract Management.
- Accounting, Business Administration, Civil Engineering Technology – Construction, Community Health, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering Management, Finance, Human Services, Information Systems & Technology, Management
- Marketing, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Occup. Studies – Training & Development, Psychology, Public Service, Special Education.
Central Texas College (Quantico)
Virginia Baptist College (Fredericksburg).
The University of Mary Washington (UMW) College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS) is at the intersection of Warrenton Road (U. S. Route 17) and Village Parkway (Stafford Lakes Village). This University of Mary Washington Stafford Campus offers accelerated bachelor degree completion for students of all age ranges who need evening courses due to work and family obligations. The UMW Stafford Campus offers course work for the following programs: Accounting, Leadership and Management, Computer Information Systems, Geographic Information Science, and Network Security programs. Credit toward degrees are awarded for military training, CLEP, and practical experience. The Center of Professional Development, Small Business Development Center, Library, and Colleges of Business and Education are at the Stafford Campus.
Contact us if Stafford County residential real estate is in your future.
About Dwayne and Maryanne Moyers: They are 1988 graduates of Old Dominion University.