Fredericksburg Area Community Services
The following Fredericksburg area community services are offered by Fredericksburg City Government:
- Alerts and Notifications
- Animal Control
- Building Inspections
- Building Permits
- Bus Schedules (Fredericksburg Regional Transit)
- Business Licenses
- Community Programs
- Compliments, Comments, Complaints
- Department and Staff Directory
- New Resident Guide
- Online Payments include water bill, real estate taxes, personal property taxes, Virginia Railway Express parking pass, parking citations.
- Parks and Recreation
- Property Records
- Public Safety
- Trash Services
- Seasonal Trash Collection
- Social Services include links to online services, child care, Child Protective Services, Comprehensive Services Act Program, medical assistance programs, elderly and disabled services, energy assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), foster care and adoption, holiday giving programs, volunteering.
- Special Events
- Tax Information
- Voting Information
- Water and Sewer Services
The medical facilities of Fredericksburg area community services include Mary Washington Hospital and Medical Campus, Stafford Hospital, and Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. Mary Washington Hospital has a 412 bed capacity containing the latest medical technology and services. The campus includes the Cancer Center of Virginia, Snowden of Fredericksburg (psychiatric center), nursing homes, a living community for seniors, and a medical mall. The Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center has 126 private rooms. Services include a 24 hour emergency care, diagnostic imaging, obstetrics, intensive care, cardiac, psychiatric, and a center for cancer treatment.
Mary Washington Healthcare includes the Lee’s Hill Emergency & Outpatient Center in Spotsylvania County, Stafford Hospital, Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, and the Ladysmith Medical Center in Caroline County. Mary Washington Hospital featured services are the Heart Health & Vascular Institute, Orthopedic Institute, Neuroscience Center, Regional Cancer Center, Heart Health & Vascular Institute, and Women’s Health Institute.
Fredericksburg Alert offers information related to cancellations, closings, and severe weather conditions or emergency events.
Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce offers an information and publication information request for relocation, visitors, restaurants, banks, and lodging.
Greater Fredericksburg Tourism Partnership has information on where to stay, things to do, dining options, historical attractions, the performing arts, community events, and meeting planners, reunion and wedding venues, and group tours.
Spotsylvania County Government links include information for the following citizen services:
- Assessments and taxes
- Building, House and Construction
- Courts and Legal Services
- Education Spotsylvania County Public Schools educate approximately 24,000 students in 17 elementary schools (pre-kindergarten-5), 7 middle schools (6-8), 5 high schools (9-12), 1 alternative school, 1 career technical center.
- Family Health and Social Services
- Job Openings and Employment
- Licenses, Permits, and Certificates
- Parks and Recreation Find camp information, community centers, community links, leisure classes and activities, parks and facilities, special events, recreational sports, senior citizen activities, and community pools.
- Public Safety
- Streets, Transportation, and Parking
- Utilities and Public Works
- Voter Services
Spotsylvania County Tourism This Spotsylvania County Department of Tourism link has information about Civil War historic sites and battlefields, dining, nature and outdoors, Lake Anna, shopping, sports and recreation, wineries and spirits, special events and meeting venues, lodging and camping, trip planning, event calendar, historical and cultural attractions, and the African-American Heritage Trail.
Stafford County Government This is a comprehensive website which includes government offices, commissions, boards, and departments. Important pages include a resident service directory, visitor information, doing business in Stafford County, and frequently asked questions. Links include a community resource directory, parks and recreation, public schools, and new resident guide.
Stafford County Tourism This link provides information related to arts and entertainment, dining, history, outdoors and recreation, shopping, wineries and brewery, popular attractions, places to stay, reunion and meeting venues, calendar of events and signature events, maps and travel services.