Caroline County, Viriginia Golf Courses
There are three golf courses in Caroline County. Playing golf in Caroline County is a lot like finding shopping venues and restaurants and other nearby amenities. The choices are limited. Golf Courses in Caroline County and surrounding jurisdictions are both listed in this article.
Caroline County Golf Courses
- Four Winds (Rappahannock Academy) This 18-hole regulation length course is on Skinkers Neck between Fredericksburg and Port Royal next to the Rappahannock River. Four Winds Golf Course is a par 72, playing 5,247-6,220 yards, 68.5-70.0 rating, and 106-110 slope. This public daily fee golf course is in a private community which offers boating, camping, fishing, hiking, and swimming. Practice amenities include a putting green and driving range. The weekend rate is $25.
- Mattaponi Springs (Ruther Glen) This 18-hole regulation length course is spread over 330 acres. This daily fee course features zoysia grass over 6,937 yards from the longest tees. It is a par 72 course, course rating 73.9, and slope of 141. The driving range has 100 stations and is part of a 5 acre practice facility. There is a 4,000 square foot conference center and 5,000 square foot clubhouse for corporate and private meetings. The weekend rate is $69-$89.
- Pendleton (Ruther Glen) This 18-hole regulation course measures 5,547-6,383 yards. It is a Thomas Walker designed par 72 course opened in 2007. Practice facilities include a 50 station driving range (grass) with 10 target greens, a 9,000 square feet putting green, and 2,500 square feet chipping green with practice bunkers. Amenities include a 1,400 square feet pro shop, and snack bar. Yearly memberships include unlimited golf balls. The weekend rate is $45-$59.
Surrounding Golf Courses
- Hanover Country Club (Ashland) This private 18-hole par 71 regulation course measures 6,679 yards with a 72.6 rating and 135 slope. Golf amenities include a 30 station driving range, short and long game practice facilities, and PGA club fitting and instruction. The weekend rate is $65.
- Hanover Sports Park (Glen Allen) This recreation center has a driving range with 56 lighted tees (28 heated and covered), and lighted miniature 18-hole golf course.
- The Crossings Golf Course (Glen Allen) This 18-hole regulation course was designed by Joseph L. Lee this par 72 course measures 6,674 yards with a 71.5 rating and 128 slope. The Crossings has a putting green, practice bunker, chipping area, and driving range. The weekend rate is $60.
- The Federal Club (Glen Allen) This private 18-hole regulation course plays up to 7,073 yards, with a rating of 74.1 and a slope of 145. This is a par 72 course (eight par 4 holes, five par 5 holes, and five par 3 holes). The driving range with bent grass tee boxes has 1 acre of hitting space with 7 bunkers and 5 target greens. There is a pro shop, putting and chipping green, and 3.5 acre short game area with 4 bunkers and 2 target greens. The Federal Club is built around Mountain Run subdivision and offers individual lessons, group clinics, junior golf camp, Fall After School Program, golf tournaments, weddings, and banquets. The weekend rate is $125.
- Cameron Hills Golf Links (King George) This King George County 18-hole regulation course is 40 minutes east of Fredericksburg. Cameron Hills is a par 72 which plays up to 6,614 yards. The course rating is 71.2 and it has a slope of 121 on Bermuda grass. There is a pro shop and 25 station driving range. The weekend rate is $52.
- Hollows Golf Club (Montpelier) This Hanover County golf course is unique as it has three 9-hole courses. The Hollows Golf Club is near the South Anna River and The Federal Club and Hanover Country Club golf courses. Play all day at Hollows Golf Club for the price of one round of golf. The Cottage Course is 9 holes, 2,916 yards, par 35. The Road Course is 9 holes 3,053 yards, par 35. The Lake Course is 9 holes, 2,913 yards, par 35. Playing 18 holes ranges between 4,952-5,969 yards, 63.3-67.9 rating, and 103-112 slope. The weekend rate is $38-$45.
- Lee’s Hill Golf Club (Fredericksburg) This Spotsylvania County 18-hole regulation golf course plays 5,064 to 6,834 yards. It is a par 72 with a 72.4 rating and slope of 128. It it open to the public with practice facilities including a driving range, putting green, practice bunker, and chipping area. The weekend rate is $55.
- Queenfield Golf Club (Manquin) This is a regulation 18-hole daily fee course which is 15 minutes east of Mechanicsville in King William County. It was designed by Dean Sumner and plays up to 6,665 yards, par 72, 69.6 rating, and 121 slope. Practice facilities include a 20 station driving range. The weekend rate is $37.