Attractions/Accommodations in Fairfax County, Virginia
These links provide information for attractions and accommodations in sections of Fairfax County:
George Washington’s gristmill and distillery are at 5514 Mount Vernon Highway Alexandria, Virginia 22309. Tours are available from April 1st to October 31st between 10 a. m. and 5 p. m.
In 1771, the original gristmill at Mount Vernon was built at Dogue Run Farm. The Mount Vernon gristmill supplied Continental Europe, England, and the West Indies with high quality flour during the oversight of the plantation by George Washington. In 1791, the mill was automated after President George Washington reviewed and approved a patent application by Oliver Evans for a mechanical processing design submitted to the United States Patent Office. The “Evans Process”… Continue reading
This article delivers information related to Stafford County performing arts, as well as performing and creative arts in the city of Fredericksburg, Virginia. The below links are for businesses delivering dance and gymnastics instruction, live theatre performances, and an events calendar for all local arts and cultural events.
- Dance Studios
- Amyclae Dance Academy Stafford) has studio and recreational classes in the following: Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Stretch/Turn/Leap. There are also competition teams at Amyclae Dance Academy.
- The Academy of Ballet (Fredericksburg) offers classes in the following: Classical Ballet, Pointe, Pas de Deux, Creative Dance, Pre Ballet.
- Artistry Dance Studio (Fredericksburg) offers Ballet, contemporary, hip hop, jazz, tap, and Scottish Highland. Instruction age groups are arranged as follows:
- Mini Movers: This program is designed for toddlers and pre-school children (walking to 4 years).
- Jumpstart: This program is designed for kindergarten through second grade (ages 5… Continue reading