The golf courses listed below are the playing options for Stafford County Golf Courses
Aquia Harbour Golf Course is 9-hole golf regulation course with alternate tees for the back 9 offering an 18-hole round of golf. Aquia Harbour is a par 35 course measuring 2,748 yards with a 34.5 rating and 120 slope. This course is open to the public with a practice facility that has a driving range, a putting and chipping green, and lesson plans for adults, high school students, and juniors (under 14). The clubhouse has a full service pro shop and the Clubhouse Restaurant offers a wide range of food and beverages. The banquet room hosts as many as 150 people for catered events such as weddings, birthday parties, golf tournaments, corporate events, and social gatherings. The weekend rate is $33.
- Augustine Golf Club Augustine Golf Course is a Rick Jacobson designed 18-hole regulation course measuring 6,817 yards. It was completely renovated during 2011-2012. The Augustine Golf Course is 3.5 miles from Interstate 95 exit 140 (Stafford) Courthouse Road (Route 630). This is a par 71 course with a 74.3 rating and 142 slope. It is open to the public and offers valet bag drop, well equipped pro shop, grill, club fitting, private instruction and clinics, and Spring and Summer junior golf camps. The Augustine club house offers a venue for wedding rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. Special event planning is offered for any occasion including anniversaries, birthdays, bridal showers, corporate events, graduations, Christmas parties, etc. The weekend rate is $79.
Augustine Golf Course is part of the Raspberry Golf Trail. A recent renovation of all 18 holes has this course in fantastic playing condition. It should be on your list to play.
The golf course at Augustine North subdivision (Augustine Golf Club) is a 6,817 yard Par 71 Rick Jacobson designed course. It is the best golf course in Stafford County and has been recognized nationally. Accolades include: The Top 100 Courses You Can Play (Golf Magazine), Best Golf Courses in Virginia (Golf Digest), 50 Best Places to Play in America for Women (Golf Digest for Women), Best Places to Play 1998-2006 (Golf Digest), Rating: 4.5 Stars (Golf Digest). We have played golf tournaments at Augustine Golf Club and recommend the golf course and club house for banquets and special events.
- Gauntlet Golf Club The Gauntlet Golf Course at Curtis Memorial Park is a par 72 regulation length course designed by P. B. Dye measuring 6,900 yards. It has a 73.2 rating and 137 slope. The fairways are zoysia grass and the greens are bent grass. The Gauntlet opened in 1995 and was named ‘Top 10 New Courses to Play in the U. S.’ by Golf Digest Magazine. The driving range (grass) has 20 stations and there is a practice bunker, chipping and putting greens. There is a golf shop and grill at the club house. Private lessons and clinics are provided by PGA professionals. The Gauntlet Golf Club Restaurant offers banquet services for guest lists up to 150 for weddings, tournaments, and special events. The weekend rate is $55.
- Cannon Ridge Golf Course This 18-hole regulation course was closed during 2015 for renovation purposes. The renovation includes the conversion of in-play areas from L-93 Bent Grass to Bermuda grass. The course has 5 tee boxes and plays 7,010 yards from the longest tees. Cannon Ridge Golf Course is spread over 200 acres along the banks of the Rappahannock River in Celebrate Virginia North. The course rating is 75.8 and slope rating is 147. Cannon Ridge opened in 2003 and was designed by Bobby Weed and Deane Beman (ASGCA). These are among several accolades received from Golf Digest Magazine:
- Best New Courses in the U. S. (2003), #1 Public Course East Coast (2004), 4 Star “Best Places to Play” (2006, 2009-2009), Top 10 in the State of Virginia (2006).
- The amenities at Cannon Ridge include a restaurant, 40 station driving range, practice green, practice bunker, club fitting, pro shop, changing rooms. There is a ballroom designed for the occupancy of 130 persons for conferences, receptions, and banquets. There is a smaller meeting room designed for 12-14 persons. Course fees are not available.
Contact us if residential real estate in Stafford County is in your future.