Liberty Knolls West in Stafford County
Lennar will offer 5 colonial style single-family homes at Liberty Knolls West. This is a 51 lot subdivision which is directly across from Colonial Forge High School on Courthouse Road (Route 630) in Stafford County. A start date of September 2017 is the target for home sales. The homes in Liberty Knolls West should match the home designs planned for Westbury Glen Manor subdivision in Aldie (Loudoun County). Expect to see a colonial home series with 4-6 bedrooms and 2-3 car garages. These are 2-level homes with unfinished basements as standard.
- Liberty Knolls West will cover a 30.34 acre parcel using 23.56 acres for home sites and community space.
- Most home sites will be 1/4 acre with a few 1/2 acre lots. There will be 11.43 acres of common use space. Home densities are no more than 3 per acre.
- The development of Liberty Knolls West required clearing more than 20 acres of forested area.
The beginning of development at Liberty Knolls West on February 17, 2017. This picture was taken from Statehouse Lane in Liberty Knolls subdivision. Courthouse Road (Route 630) is beyond the treeline in the background.
- There are two access points to Liberty Knolls West. The main road in the subdivision, Sherman’s Ridge Road, will connect to Courthouse Road at the intersection of Woodcutters Road. This is directly across from the main entrance to Colonial Forge at Augustine subdivision. The other entrance connects to Penn Charters Lane in Liberty Knolls subdivision to the opposite end of Sherman’s Ridge Road.
- Stafford County Public Schools assigned to Liberty Knolls West are Winding Creek Elementary, Rodney Thompson Middle School and Colonial Forge High School. However, redistricting for the 2019-20 school year could change these assignments even though they are the closest schools to the subdivision.
- Total cash proffers and contributions for project approval are $1,695,327 which is $33,238 per home. This includes an 8-foot lighted sidewalk ($60,550) from Liberty Knolls West to Winding Creek Elementary School. All proffers will transfer to public schools, libraries, fire and rescue, and parks and recreation.
- A market study conducted in 2013 encouraged construction of single-family homes with base prices of $400,000 and $50,000 in structural and design upgrades.
- The homes built by Lennar will not be the same home designs offered at Embrey Mill. This appears to be based on established contractual agreements.
This is the development layout for the 51 single-family homes in Liberty Knolls West approved by Stafford County. Courthouse Road is on the bottom, Statehouse Lane is on the top, Winding Creek Elementary School is on the left and Liberty Knolls Drive on the right.
Chamberlain: 3,213 finished square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. This is a 2-story home with a 2-car garage. There is a second floor bonus room and laundry with an option for a main level bedroom with a full bathroom.
Independence: 3,124 finished square feet (4,494 with options) with 5 bedrooms and 4.5 to 5.5 bathrooms. This is a 2-story home with a standard 3-car garage and Home Within a Home floor plan for parents or guests. Base price: $534,990.
Patrick: 3,420 finished square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. This is a 2-story home with 2-car garage. Options include a main level bedroom with full bathroom, and spice kitchen available instead of the galley concept kitchen with large island. There are 3 full bathrooms on the second floor.
MacArthur: 3,450 finished square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. This is a 2-story home with a 3-car garage. Options include converting a main level study into a bedroom with a full bathroom. The features of this home are a two-level family room and chef’s kitchen with a walk-in pantry.
Contact Dwayne Moyers for developing information on Liberty Knolls West and surrounding subdivisions under construction. Dwayne and his wife Maryanne live at 19 Statehouse Lane in neighboring Liberty Knolls subdivision and are experienced in the construction of new homes and representation of new home buyers throughout the building process.
Ask about the SMARTMOVE program for cash rebates which can be applied as closing cost credits.